Before you Apply
- Attend a Study Abroad Information Session or meet with a study abroad staff member.
- Talk to your advisor about your interest in studying abroad and how to make it work with your academic program.
- Research program types & search for a program
- When you have found a program you are interested in, login with your Kutztown credentials – login can be found in the top right corner.
- Navigate to the program brochure and click the “Apply” button to start your study abroad application. You will also have to select the term you intend to study abroad.
- This will bring you to the Online Application page. Click the “Get Started” button.
- Complete all elements of the application, then click the "Submit" button. You must click the "Submit" button in order to finalize the submission of your application.
- The Kutztown Study Abroad Office will review your application and issue you a decision on whether it has been approved or denied.
After KU Approval
- Once your application to study abroad had been approved you will see a new screen with a set of pre-departure tasks to complete. These include things like:
- Completing the Course Pre-Approval Form and submit it along with course descriptions
- Meeting with Financial Aid
- Purchasing Study Abroad Insurance
- Reading about and uploading important documents about your program, emergency contacts, health & safety, and travel plans.
- If you are applying to a third-party provider or exchange partner, you will also have to submit their program application.
- You will be required to attend a pre-departure orientation.
- Go Abroad!
Study Abroad Course Pre-Approval Form
Academic Advisor Letter (to accompany course approval form)